Pregna-plan [food supplement]
Cytoplan Pregna-Plan supplement is a comprehensive, specifically formulated, multivitamin and mineral for all stages of pregnancy and breastfeeding. It is also suitable for preconception planning for women too. It includes the UK government recommendations for folic acid (included as the active methylfolate form) and vitamin D, along with excellent levels of other vitamins and minerals.
Pregna-Plan comprises all of the most appropriate vitamins and minerals necessary for women and baby during preconception, pregnancy and breastfeeding. This includes the current UK Government recommendations for folic acid and vitamin D. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Folic acid is included as methylfolate - folic acid/folate contributes to normal maternal tissue growth during pregnancy and supplemental folate intake increases maternal folate status. Increasing maternal folate status contributes to the reduction of the risk of Neural Tube Defects (NTDs)
- Vitamin D is needed for the normal growth and development of bone in children; vitamin D3 is the most bioavailable form of this nutrient and Pregna-Plan contains vitamin D3 at 30µg per two tablets
- Maintaining good levels of the mineral iron is important for women during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Iron is essential for the foetus and new-born baby too, in particular iron contributes to cognitive development in children
- The mineral calcium is in great demand during pregnancy. Intestinal absorption of calcium doubles early in pregnancy, and the mineral is stored in the mother’s bones. Later, as the foetus begins to develop, the mother’s stores are drawn upon. Calcium is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children
- Magnesium contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, teeth and muscle function
- The mineral iodine contributes to normal production of thyroid hormones and normal thyroid function. Iodine also contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system and growth in children. The iodine in this supplement is from kelp
- Pregna-Plan contains all eight of the important B-complex vitamins plus PABA. Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity and vitamin B12 contributes to the process of cell division. Both vitamins B12 and B6 contribute to normal red blood cell formation
- Selenium is a mineral that contributes to the normal function of the immune system, normal thyroid function and the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Zinc contributes to normal DNA synthesis, protein synthesis and has a role in the process of cell division which are all relevant for growth and development of the foetus. It also contributes to immune system function, normal fertility and reproduction as well as having many other roles
- Vitamin C has many roles and functions including contributing to normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth. It also protects cells from oxidative stress; it is therefore an antioxidant
- Vitamin E contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress; it is therefore an antioxidant
- Pregna-Plan contains 3mg of beta carotene (the precursor to vitamin A) per two tablets. Beta Carotene is considered safer than taking vitamin A because the body only converts the amount it needs at any point in time
- Vitamin K contributes to normal blood clotting and the maintenance of normal bones. Pregna-Plan contains 60µg of vitamin K per two tablets, in the form of vitamin K1
Take 2 tablets daily, or take as directed by a practitioner.
Nutritinal information :
Calcified seaweed (Lithothamnion calcareum) providing calcium and magnesium, wholefood mineral powder providing: chromium, copper, manganese, zinc, iron (& from ferrous fumerate), magnesium (& from magnesium citrate), selenium (& from selenium yeast), molybdenum (& from sodium molybdate). Calcium ascorbate (providing vitamin C), calcium pantothenate (B5), D-alpha tocopherol (vitamin E), nicotinamide (B3), vitamin D3 (maltodextrin, starch, sucrose, cholecalciferol), kelp (Fucus vesiculosus providing iodine), beta carotene (Daucus carota, corn starch), pyridoxine hydrochloride (B6), PABA, thiamine (B1), disodium tetraborate decahydrate (boron), riboflavin (B2), vitamin K1, methylfolate providing folic acid, methylcobalamin (B12), biotin, cellulose, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, maltodextrin, HPMC vegetable cellulose (tablet coating).
- 60 tablets
- November 2021
mars 22, 2022
J'aurais aimé avoir ce produit enceinte! Il a été d'un grand secours ces derniers mois, je me suis retrouvé à ras les pâquerettes, les bobos basic ne cicatrisaient même plus. Une cure de pregna plan (et de ginseng au début), et j'ai retrouvé la pêche (et bien cicatrisé)!
Recommended to buy: Yes